Geranium Essential oil
The oil is extracted from the steam distillation of stems and leaves of Geranium plant, bearing scientific name Pelargonium Odorantissimum. The main components of this oil are Alpha Pinene, Myrcene, Limonene, Menthone, Linalool, Geranyl Acetate, Citronellol, Geraniol and Geranyl Butyrate. The therapeutic properties of geranium essential oil in skincare include it as being an astringent, antiseptic, tonic, antibiotic and anti-infectious. Also Aphrodisiac, circulatory system health, cold sores, cellulite, digestive mucous, frostbite, headaches, premenstrual syndrome, menopause, mood balancer, mosquito repellent, nervous tension, skin problems (like acne, athletes foot, and eczema), sore throat, stress and stress-related problems, respiratory system and tonsillitis.
1) Geranium oil has a couple of very positive effects on the skin - it boosts circulation and also invigorates the skin, while having a general cleansing action, but also balances the production of sebum and helps to improve skin elasticity. It is a boost to the lymphatic system as well.
2) In skincare, it is mostly used to balance the skin and to create a balance between oily and dry skin, since it has the unique properties to balance sebum production in the skin (because it is an adrenal cortex stimulant), making it invaluable for those with combination, dry, dehydrated, or oily skin.
3) For cellulite, premenstrual syndrome, and menopause, mix 20 drops in 1 ounce of carrier oil and massage on body. For cellulite, massage on affected areas. For premenstrual syndrome and menopause, massage on abdomen and back, paying extra attention to the lower back region.
4) To help relieve stress and tension, use 2-3 drops in a diffuser or lamp ring. Can also use 2-3 drops in 1 ounce of carrier oil for a relaxing massage.
5) For stress and tension that interferes with a good night’s rest, place 4 drops on tissue or cotton ball and place inside pillow case. etc
For more details, contact with us.